This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of a professional trade compliance program within the company in the EMEA region. The role will focus that the business is compliant with all applicable import and export regulations and procedures, as well as free trade and duties mitigation programs, providing a full coverage of Company’s reputation against penalties associated with non-compliance: sanctions, fines, loss of import or export privileges, disruptions on deliveries to customers and plants.
- Lead and support Government, customs authorities and internal audits;
- Manage and resolve trade compliance issues in the regions and implement corrective actions, management of all import-export operations in the region;
- Assist local operations in the region by conducting audits, training and developing documentation of processes and procedures;
- Conduct and be the focal point for trade compliance matter for the company’ Management;
- Responsible to ensure compliance with VAT intra EU and international flows of goods;
- Implement controls and supervise determination and maintenance of Country of origin, Classification and Valuation for components with Supply base and Sales administration;
- Become aware of and disseminate regulatory requirements/changes (actual and proposed) to all EMEA entities in the regional businesses and functional leaders;
- Conduct risk-assessments within the company facilities, make recommendations and follow up on closing these out;
- Support Global Trade Compliance functions with on-site reviews;
- Identify and support import duty savings, support landed cost analysis and incoterms buy/sell decisions;
- First point of contact for any relevant government agency and customs authorities;
- Responsible for EU preference process and preference administration in GTS for plants: preference management, Long Term Supplier Declarations for plants to EU customers; monitor compliance of preference calculation and process in GTS system, supervise Long Term Supplier Declarations for vendors and support Purchasing administration in annual dunning process and new vendor creation;
- Support ITCOs in every customs- and trade-related matter;
- Minimum 15 years in a customs- trade compliance position is required;
- Experience in trade compliance-related matters in various countries in EMEA would be an advantage
- Experience in cross-functional processes and on a matrix reporting structure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including Senior leaders
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills, open-minded, strong personality, flexible time management and mobility
- Customer satisfaction focused and strong ability to sort urgencies and to escalate priorities.
- Technical knowledge of Customs and export control regulations, incoterms and programs
- Ability to identify, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Experience in developing and delivering training on-site or via remote web-based applications.
- Proven ability to identify, take ownership of, develop, implement and manage complex trade compliance programs and processes, utilizing project management and Six Sigma quality tools.
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, and negotiation; must excel under pressure.
- Able to motivate others to drive peak performance.
- English at a proficiency level is a must, another foreign language in Europe added asset
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is mandatory.
- VAT Laws and rules intra EU
- Experience in systems knowledge (SAP) is essential
- Knowledge of GTS Compliance required
Send us a CV at [email protected]